Southern California Camping Forum  

Go Back   Southern California Camping Forum > General > General

General General dicussions, may or may not related to outdoor activities.

Unread 04-11-2010, 04:46 PM

Trip to Panamint Valley

Finally! Wow, I have missed a few weekends this spring that I had planned to spend in Panamint Valley. Work has been a beast and I have had to let it dictate my schedule---something I ordinarily discourage.

Friday, I left town at 6 am and headed out to Rancho Mirage where I had to work until 4:30. Then I drove north for many hours to Panamint Valley. Fortunately, I had the Laker game to listen to and they won---of course they were playing Minnesota so I was not surprised.

I spent the night on the cross-valley road (dirt) that runs from Nadeau Rd. to the road that connects Trona-Wildrose to the 190. Because of the distance I needed to drive this trip, I used the Hybri-camp vehicle. Below you can see it in its hybri-tent mode. I also deployed it in the hybri-kitchen mode because I had to cook beans Saturday night for a big potluck dinner and the wind blew hard.

The weekend was a website get-together for Panamint Valley and we all had a great time. I rode along with others for some Saturday off-roading and then after campfire headed back south to spent the night in the hybri-tent where I had slept Friday night.

Here are the photo's.

NJ

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Tags
panamint, trip, valley