Southern California Camping Forum  

Go Back   Southern California Camping Forum > General > Reviews

Reviews Reviews on camp sites, equipment, stores (online and retail), and reservation websites.

Unread 12-25-2010, 01:13 PM

Coleman 4 in 1 table

I just bought this thing and can't wait for tomorrow to try it out down in Clark Valley Anza-Borrego) on an extended camping trip. My current two coffee tables 18 x 18 x 18 are getting close to the end of their life. I have had to repair one twice. The new version is a piece of junk so I have been searching for something that will take over. Here is just the thing or at least a thing that looks quite promising.

It has three heights (really 4 heights) and can be used as either one or two separate tables in several shapes. I love that it can be 33" high. Bending over a standard 27" high table to prepare food is killing my back.

Here is the link. http://www.coleman.com/coleman/Colem..._id=2000003098

NJ
Click to enlarge
Unread 12-25-2010, 10:35 PM

look cool, but kinda pricy for just a table. 12.3lbs is really heavy for my taste. but it's got 300lbs capacity.
Unread 12-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Survivorman

I agree that 12lbs is a bit heavy but it looks study , probably the last small folding table you'll ever need. :)
Unread 12-29-2010, 04:19 PM

Just returned from Clark valley. The table performed better than advertised. It turns out the legs can be configured to create a table 4 feet high. Now I just need to find some camping bar stools.

NJ
Unread 12-30-2010, 11:15 PM

i still can't get over the 300lbs capacity. I have about 4 tables and they're all lightweight. I don't like the fact that they're flimsy and move around. This may not be a bad purchase, but I no longer have room in my garage
Unread 01-18-2011, 05:25 PM

I only deployed half the table this past weekend---and was truly pleased with the result. It turns out the thing straddles my existing table so that I can deploy it in a footprint which augments my traditional set-up. In other words---I have a higher table for chopping that doesn't kill my back but which also creates a "cubbie" space below to use for shading bananas and table-top items from direct sun.

Here are the photo's. Oops, sorry about that last photo.

NJ

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Tags
coleman, table