Southern California Camping Forum  

Go Back   Southern California Camping Forum > General > Introduction

Introduction Please drop in and introduce yourself!

Unread 09-23-2013, 10:52 AM

Daddy Daughter Camping

Hello everyone, my daughter and I went camping this weekend together for the first time. My daughter who is 4 had such a good time witht he group we went with that I am sure we will be going again soon either with the group or bu ourselves. I am looking for general information on places to go in the Souther california area, we live in Chula Vista /Eastlake, this weekend we went to Cuyumaca. The drive was not to far and we will most likely go back there. I am looking for ideas on places to go in the areaq. I am also lookign for suggestions on what we should take with us. We ahve the basics right now which include a Ten, Sleeping Bags, chairs, Cooler BBQ grill, Lights, Air Mattress and flashlights. I am looking for information on purchasing a genrator for small eletrical stuff and possibly a heater. Any information you can suggest or supply would be greatly appreicated. I am also looking for advice on anythign you think would be helpful. I realize that I can search the site and that is what I plan on doing. Pleae do not waste your time by replying and telling me to do a search on this site or some search engine, i honestly paln on doing that. I was hoping there were some people that might have some personally experienced information. Thank you in advance for your time.
Unread 09-29-2013, 05:19 PM

For the next month, Palomar is near you and a perfect place to camp this time of year. After the end of October, I would suggest you try Anza Borrego State Park. There are other locations near you as well, but the two above are close and great for getting started.

Yes, search the site for info on tents, gear, generators, stoves, set-ups, etc.

NJ

Tags
camping, daddy, daughter