Southern California Camping Forum  

Go Back   Southern California Camping Forum > General > Recipes

Recipes Stay healthy when you're out in nature, tell us your secrets.

Unread 02-16-2011, 03:25 PM

Pasta, veggies and misc.

I make this dish a lot, usually when I am by myself because it is not spectacular--just tasty, hot, easy, and filling. Plus my gut has been acting up lately and this is a real comfort food.

Boil some water and start a pot of pasta. I use Ronzoni Penne. Take a frying pan, add some olive oil and garlic cloves. Just cook the garlic until it bubbles but not browns. Add veggies---zucchini, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, whatever. You can cook these in separate batches if you want and then combine them for a final heating. I like to add anchovies or in the batch shown below---a sliced up rib-eye which I cooked with the mushrooms. Finally place the pasta on a plate, ladle the veggies etc. on top and sprinkle with a liberal scoop of Romano cheese.

NJ

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Last edited by NEJ; 02-16-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Unread 02-16-2011, 03:31 PM

Another version of this is just plain old "Mac and cheese." I saved half my steak from above and the next night I fried the steak with another package of mushrooms---in butter (yum) and made a pot of Penne pasta. When the pasta was ready, I drained it and tossed in a big pad of butter and a bunch of Romano. This I stirred up until it was all gooey. Steak and mushrooms, mac and cheese. YUMMMMM!

NJ

Don't forget to fill the empty pot with water so clean-up in the morning is easy.

Last edited by NEJ; 02-17-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Unread 02-17-2011, 05:45 PM

hah.. I just commented on the other thread about the food. looks tasty.

Tags
misc, pasta, veggies