Southern California Camping Forum  

Go Back   Southern California Camping Forum > General > General

General General dicussions, may or may not related to outdoor activities.

Unread 06-24-2013, 05:44 PM

Foot of Black Mountain

I'm trying to find different ways of saying the same thing, but I was back at Hall-Decker yellow post site this past weekend. For several weeks, I have been getting the cabin ready for a visit from an old friend and his wife who are here from New Zealand.

They came sailing two Tuesdays in a row on the Seaweed and this past weekend were scheduled to visit my cabin in Idyllwild. On this last sail, they indicated they wouldn't be up until Sunday. I had the cabin totally spotless, all ready for what I thought would be a Friday arrival. What to do? I could stay over until today, Monday, that would be no problem, but me and the dogs there for two days before they arrived would mean I'd have to clean the place again right before they got there.

So I went camping at Hall-Decker, packed up camp Sunday morning and was at the cabin an hour before they showed up. Perfect. Came home today.

NJ

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge
Unread 08-19-2013, 07:11 PM

This looks like a great spot. Is it secluded & quiet most of the time? Can you share the route to the site, it looks close to me (I'm in the Temecula area).

Thanks!

Tags
black, foot, mountain